Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 8-going great!!


Day 8
Today is saturday, a beautiful sunny day up in newcastle and my sister's engagement party.
Today's craft project is these 2 love heart shaped badges. Using scraps of  fabric and leather from my collection (the leather is actually taken from an old leather jacket i bought from an op shop). First I cut out a love heart shape from cardboard and used this as a template to cut out the fabric and leather. I then attached the layers together with super glue (the cardboard template is actually enclosed between the layers which gives the badge a sturdiness once all the glued layers have dried). The final touch was to glue the metal badge claspe to the back (I have also glued on my old clothing label "solid bronze"which was my label in uni, you can buy your own personalized labels from http://www.cashs.com.au/)
Happy crafting!! cheers xxoo







No comments: