Tuesday, January 4, 2011

PINK PURRRRTYY CAT

Well today was my first day back at work and after the 45 minute drive home and a glass of white wine I am back on the crafty cause!
Using scraps of fabric from my many overflowing fabric boxes I have made a cute little pink pussy cat softie.  ((I realised whilst rummaging thru my fabric boxes that I have some pieces of fabric from ten years ago when I left home! I have been lugging my fabric boxes around all that time! share houses in uni! my first flat in Melbourne! all those rental properties! and now finally have bought them into my very own home! at least this project will have me stitching these scraps up into crafty creations and hopefully free up some space in my sewing room....))
Toys are very fun to make! They are quick, easy, cute and cuddly!
First sketch your softie design onto to butcher's paper (allowing a little extra for seam allowance) then pin this to your fabric, cut out and sew all the details on first (eyes/nose/collar etc) you can use the machine or hand sew (I have used a combination of both) leaving a short gap approx 5-6cm to allow you to turn the toy out the right way. Next fill your toy with poly filler (you can buy this at most sewing shops, spotlight sell bags for around $8-10 for 500g).
Once your toy is "stuffed" then hand sew the last gap carefully and WALAH! cute cuddly cat toy! HUG AND ENJOY!

No comments: