Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 14-wombmates

Today I am making something I designed last year, its an invention of mine... its warm, cosy and hugs you when you feel sick or sad... it never talks back,,,you can keep it in the cupboard and you can even throw it in the mircowave to get things steamy.... its called a "Wombmate".

Wombmates are the UPGRADED and DELUXE version of the...dare I say it the "wheatbag" (it sounds so daggy...) but these are FAR from daggy!
In fact I have been known to wear it (on occasion) to the office, if suffering from back/womb pain etc.
These "wheatbags" actually tie around you, yep NO more tucking your wheaty into your trackpants with a tea towel around it because you heated it up too much!
Below is my process, and if you would like to buy one of these little babies then check out my etsy shop
http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftycuts1#

love heart shapes cut from flannel (for extra hugable warmth)
unhusked wheat and lavender
 final product
 my "wombmates" labels sewn on

 full length shot
tied on as so...
 works perfect around the neck and shoulders too
As for lucy...she and I are having words...hopefully she will cooperate for a photoshoot by tomorrow...
craftastic!
craft out xxoo

1 comment:

Misha said...

Such a creative solution, and cute, too!

Nice work.