Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 20-elephant butterfly brooch delight

Today has been another beautiful sunny day in Melbourne! We even had a dip in the neighbours pool after work!
My craft of today is something I started working on last night.
A while back I bought a few packets of these christmas scrap-booking "thing-ees" that were in the bargin bin at spotlight, I thought they might come in handy for making some brooches and now they have!
-First I cut out some pics from magazines which i liked
-then traced around the scrapbooking shapes onto the pictures
-cut these out (slightly smaller than the traced shape so the silver edge would show)
-glue the pics in place
-paint a few layers of high gloss varnish over the top
-leave to dry overnight
-superglue the brooch backs on the centre back
see pics below...

The scrapbook "thing-ees" (I dont really understand scrapbooking... )






elephant butterfly brooch delight!
craft on crafti-ologists
xxoo

No comments: