Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 16 trash & treasure disaster!

Today I held a market stall at the Melbourne Wantirna trash and treasure markets.
I have held a stall there previously, towards the end of last year. Its a great chance to get rid of old bits and pieces and usually make an extra couple hundred dollars.
Today was... not so successful... after getting up at 4.45am, setting up the stall in the rain, before the weather turned from drizzle to SIZZLE 30 degrees!! I got fried sunburnt! and the usual pay off reward of the early wake up (being the extra cash in my pocket) nope! after all market stall expenses were taken out I made a measly $50 dollars! phhh, thats the worst pay of my life! 8 hours work for $50 and sun burn to boot!
It seems the general public were not in the spending mood. People did however admire the presentation of my old jewellery. I had a big bag of old jewels that I no longer wore, so to present these in a better way I cut out brown cardboard strips and glued on cut little pics from "frankie" magazine. It did really jazz up some old pieces and lots of people commented on how well presented it was (although it seems not well enough! as they werent buying much).
Anyways "thems the breaks", I thought I'd share with you some pics of my trash jewellery presentation.
Wishing you all a great week ahead! happy crafting....


craft out craft-a-farians
xxoo




2 comments:

Misha said...

It is a lovely, creative display. Sorry your day didn't turn out the way you had hoped. Such an early alarm, too!

Grazyna said...

Beautiful display, so much effort, next time will be better, do not give up.
Love, mama