Sunday, January 2, 2011

January day 2-Fascinating Fascinator's

Day two and I have not given up on the crafty cause!
In fact not only did i make craft i baked a cake to boot (great granny Aggy's cinnamon tea cake is in the oven as we speak).
Today I have made a "fantastic fabulous fascinating fascinator".
The rose is made from a scrap of shot blue silk, which I cut into 2 identical long pieces in a wiggley line, these were then sewn together and bagged out to form a case. I threaded wire on the inside of the flower edges and curled it around to form a flower shape. I then cut a long piece of tulle and used a gathering stitch to form a short ruffle piece of tulle. I then hand stitched the tulle and flower together before attaching them to a black headband (headband can easily be made with some black stretch fabric on sewn together on the overlocker).
Okay better run to get the cake out of the oven,,,will post a photo of the cake later (,,,,,if it turns out...)



No comments: