Sunday, January 2, 2011

twenty eleven's first creation


Today, the 1st of 2011, I have exceeded my normal creative capabilities, actually starting AND finishing three projects.
The first an oversized t-shirt dress with a "weeping love heart" applique. I based the pattern on a favourite garment in my existing wardrobe and added some quirky flair with the weeping red heart.
The other two items I made are 2 cushions for my lounge room which I actually made from "tea towels" (shhh don't tell anyone....). They actually turned out really good considering they are made from a $6.95  tea towel, a zip, and some black drill from spotlight (drill was also on sale for $2.99 per metre) bargin!!
Okay so I am off to bed, its been a long and successful crafty day...cheers to 2011 bringing many more...
I hold no promises as to how much I can make per week, but I will try to keep blogging my creative projects to share.
Brony
me wearing the finished garment














































2 comments:

Guy said...

Loving your tea towel inspired cushions Hun! You're getting me all inspired my love! Looking forward to seeing some more crafty creations!!! Xx

365 days of craft said...

thanks guy!! i also figure that if the couch cushions are made from tea towels then i can just wipe my hands and face directly onto the cushions after a tv meal NOICE!! he he he